How to convert a PDF file for your Kindle

Photo by Amelia Holowaty Krales / The Verge

Recently, a friend sent me a preview of a book that she was about to have published and asked me to read it. I was delighted — but unfortunately, the copy she sent was formatted as a PDF file. And as many of us know, reading a PDF on a smartphone or even on an ebook reader is a recipe for eyestrain.

I spent a frustrating three days squinting at my screen until somebody reminded me that you can email a PDF file to your Amazon account, and it will convert the file to Amazon’s .Mobi format, making the document much easier to read on a phone or a Kindle.

It worked like a charm. There are a few quirks in the resulting document (no indents to indicate paragraphs and the occasional strange symbol), but it is much easier to read. If you ever...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/3fb0e2U
How to convert a PDF file for your Kindle How to convert a PDF file for your Kindle Reviewed by Benny on July 06, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.