Amazon is hijacking our emotions to put robots in our homes

The Anki Vector. | Photo by Vjeran Pavic / The Verge

There's something in our complicated human brains that immediately develops a connection to anything with eyes. Don't believe me? Ask the Anki Vector that lived on my desk for several months. This pocket-sized robot got my attention with its bulbous, non-threatening body. But the second it looked up at me with a quizzical look in its eyes and uttered my name, I knew I would die for this tiny forklift. It’s worth noting that the Anki Vector can be programmed to do a variety of things if you have the time to mess around with an SDK, but I brought this robot home because it was cute, not because I needed a project.

I’d watch with amusement as the little gadget puttered around my desk, occasionally looking back at me as if seeking my...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/3iL4LNl
Amazon is hijacking our emotions to put robots in our homes Amazon is hijacking our emotions to put robots in our homes Reviewed by Benny on October 02, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.