Sony’s new prime lenses are the small saviors I’ve been looking for

Sony’s newest lenses are three new compact primes lenses that each cost $600.

The new Sony 24mm f/2.8, 40mm f/2.5, and 50mm f/2.5 are three new compact prime lenses that each cost $599.99 and will be shipping in mid-May. While they uphold the reputation of quality Sony has established with the G Master lineup, it’s their uniformity and small size that come as a welcomed surprise.

Uniformity and size are so rarely a topic of discussion in regards to lenses. As a video-first creator, 67mm, 77mm, and 82mm are common thread sizes in my gear bag. But it feels like with every new lens I buy I have to factor in the cost of a new ND filter or a step-up or down ring. These three new lenses all conveniently share the same 49mm filter thread.

Then there is weight and size. It’s no secret that bags with full-frame camera gear...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/3xGD9OU
Sony’s new prime lenses are the small saviors I’ve been looking for Sony’s new prime lenses are the small saviors I’ve been looking for Reviewed by Benny on May 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.