Microsoft just force restarted my Windows PC again to install more unwanted apps

I stepped away from my computer for dinner, halfway through writing a story for The Verge. When I got back, I couldn’t believe my eyes.

Windows 10 had restarted my computer without permission yet again — to install yet another forced OS update onto my solid state drive.

The craziest part: When my machine finished rebooting, it now contained the exact thing I’d been writing about before I was rudely interrupted. Microsoft had installed unsolicited, unwanted web app versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook onto my computer.

Screenshot: Sean Hollister/The Verge
Seriously, the story you’re reading right now started off as a news post about this happening to other people.

OK, it’s not as bad as when my...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/31b0Mkf
Microsoft just force restarted my Windows PC again to install more unwanted apps Microsoft just force restarted my Windows PC again to install more unwanted apps Reviewed by Benny on October 16, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.