Using lasers and glass to make practical psychedelic scenes with Lewie Wilkinson

Photography by Lewie Wilkinson

Every so often, I come across a striking design and can’t immediately tell if it’s 3D or practical. Most recently, this was when I caught the work of Lewie Wilkinson, aka Laserlewdude, on Reddit. What I saw were images of bright neon lines, spheres refracting light, and color over a black background. Color and light spilled everywhere. I immediately thought of the words “vapor wave disco” in my head.

The images themselves are very similar to 3D-rendered art, including some of our own early wallpapers. But what makes these even more incredible is that they are all done practically, with real lasers and glass. I reached out to Wilkinson over email to learn more about his work and process.

This interview has been condensed and edited for...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/3lOr0lh
Using lasers and glass to make practical psychedelic scenes with Lewie Wilkinson Using lasers and glass to make practical psychedelic scenes with Lewie Wilkinson Reviewed by Benny on September 04, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.